In contingent fee cases, my goal is to see that clients get better representation than the richest one percent in this country.
Patrick Broom is an accomplished trial lawyer whose practice focuses on serious personal injury, medical malpractice, commercial, and insurance bad faith litigation. He represents clients who have suffered from:
- Catastrophic loss
- Death in family
- Defective products
- Excessive force (public/private police)
- Financial harm
- Serious life altering events
- Medical malpractice
- Negligence/recklessness of others Paralysis
- Severe burn injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Mr. Broom provides aggressive, compassionate representation to individuals and families who have suffered life changing injuries. He limits his practice in order to give personal attention to each client and their family. He runs the daily operation but every major decision is made by his client. While he works on your behalf, you work on healing.
Mr. Broom has represented clients against numerous negligent defendants including product manufacturers, nursing homes, hospitals and doctors, private security, law enforcement and business lenders. “If you don’t understand what is going on, Call Me.”
Prior to 2002, Mr. Broom worked with a major law firm in Arizona where he defended large corporations in tort and commercial litigation. Representing insurance companies in the past helped him learn how they evaluate and defend cases. As a result, this helps him get the best results for his clients today. Since 2002 he has dedicated his practice to representing individuals injured by the negligence of others.
Before attending law school, Mr. Broom was a marketing representative in Illinois, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East for Caterpillar Tractor Company.
- $1,000,000. 15 year-old wrongful death Plaintiff, Leon v. Pedus Security. Insurance company offered $35,000 to settle.
- $1,158,000, $1M of which was punitive damages against a lender for mortgage fraud.
- $1,000,000. Verdict against the Border Patrol for negligent shooting of a Mexican citizen.
- $1,350,000. Brain injury case where insurance company offered $400,000 to settle.
- $750,000. Medical negligence verdict where Defendant doctor refused to settle prior to trial.
- Brain injury cases – More than $30M
- Paralysis cases – More than $18.8M
- Death cases – More than $15M
- Serious injury non-death and bad faith cases – More than $7.5M
- “Pat, thanks for your hard work that you and your team have done for our little girl. No words can express how thankful we are that you tried so hard to find out what happened that awful night. Once again, thank you!”
- “Hello Pat. I just wanted to let you know that I received the check. You really made us feel like we were cared about and not just a dollar sign. Thanks for all you have done for us. My kids will have a much better life thanks to you and all your hard work.”
- “Pat and Angela, want to thank both of you again for all you have done for our daughter. You gave us the answers we needed to find closure and try to move on. Our daughter has a bright future in front of her and I know God has a special plan for her! Again, thank you and I will keep in touch…hugs and kisses to you both!”
- “Pat, Angela and Adam, you will never know how much your service means to me nor will I ever find the words to adequately thank you. Among the truly important claims you must resolve, that you would even find the time to consider mine is difficult to comprehend. Your personal visits, my grandson’s matter, the unexpected State Farm check (a lifesaver), all the little details that needed to be identified and resolved, your capping your fee and then continuing to bargain on my behalf, are all things I’ll not forget. Please accept my sincere thanks.”
Pro Bono Attorney of the Year (Pima County 1990)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- ABA Automobile Law Committee (past Chair)
- American Association of Justice
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Arizona State Bar
- National Continuing Legal Education Program (co-Chair)
- National Police Accountability Project
- Pima County Bar
- Trial, Tort and Insurance Practice Section Committees
- Western Trial Lawyers Association, President 2014-2015
- State of Arizona
- State of Texas
- Drake University, JD, MBA with honors
- Western Illinois University, Bachelor of Business